Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Introduction to myself

I have decided that I have a lot to say about what I see. Everyone notices things while they go about their daily lives, but who do you tell it to? How many times have you seen the weirdest thing happen, heard a comment that made your eyebrows climb to your hairline or thought of the perfect comeback or comment that you didn’t say out loud? Who do you share these gems with? Maybe friends or family, but very few people have the same sense of humor I have. Sometimes you can’t relay the hilarity of the moment and then it’s no longer funny if you have to try too hard.
My name is Jenifer and I have decided to write down these moments in an attempt to capture and share them. I don’t want to be snarky (this is a great word I heard on NPR). I don’t have bad things to say about my boss, I’m not even employed. I don’t have deep, dark secrets to reveal about my family. I love my family. I even like some of them. This is not about gossip or badmouthing other people. I doubt I’ll even use real names. I just want to share those moments that strike my funny bone and hope others see the humor.
I am married. We are going on our 12th anniversary. It seems like a long time, but it doesn’t sound like a long time. We have two boys ages 6 and 12. To complete our household we have two dogs, Sammi and Willie, two cats, Dixie and Leo, and fish (the number changes daily depending on Leo’s fishing skills). We live in a town of less than 10,000 people in Idaho. We do all the usual stuff. It’s a good life. If you just saw us on the street, you would think we were a normal family. However, things are never that simple, are they? If they were, and we were, would I have any interesting stories to tell?
Jenifer Breshears
June 3, 2008

No comments: